Thursday, July 21, 2011

2.0 may never come

Because I may have to start work over from the beginning. I tried every test I can think of and can't see why Fa wont work unless her Battle animation has somehow been deleted. And I can't access FEditor at all to check. with a fundementally broken patch I'm considering starting over and trying the whole 3.0 thing right now.

The reason I wanted to hold off is I wanted to get the games balance perfect first so people could play while I hammered out the new script, but it's looking like that's impossible. I don't know what will happen but I'll keep people posted

4 comments:

  1. how long would it take to redo everything all over again

    ReplyDelete
  2. With free time? 2-3 days. The problem is I don't know what caused the bugs in the first place. So doing it all over again might just kill the game all over again. (I could fix some bugs though)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well if fae gets a dragon stone that isn't her own, when she attacks there's a possibility of the gba/emulator crashing

    did you edit her weapon at all?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope, she still has the divine stone, the divine stone hasn't been edited to be indestructable, she bobs up and down, then it gets to her transform and the game freezes, leading me to believe that the animation was delete (and I can't fix it because... FEditor)

    ReplyDelete